I know I JUST posted a post, but I really don't want to get sidetracked by festivities tomorrow and forget my post for today. I didn't play along with the "Post something you're thankful for everyday" because I totally planned to post those things today!
1. JOE! :) He is my rock. He makes me laugh, he makes me cry. He takes me on trips to London. :D He gets me a brand new laptop because mine decided to kill itself. He puts up with my crap. He drives me completely bonkers a lot of the time, but my world is a lot better with him in it. Even if he hates all my yarn. ;)
2. Family. We're all spread out here, there, and everywhere, and we don't talk as much or as often as we probably should, but I'm glad to know each and every one of you. I love you!
3. Friends. Same as above. I have a wonderful group of friends here, and I have wonderful groups of friends in a lot of other places. High school friends, online friends, in-person friends. Most of my friends and I also don't seem to talk as often or as much as we should, but I love you all!
4. Internet. If it weren't for the internet, I probably wouldn't talk to people AT ALL. lol. This goes for email, Facebook, Twitter, and even this blog.
5. Being gainfully employed. Sometimes I really do not enjoy my job very much, but I'm fortunate to have it. There have been layoffs upon layoffs almost since I started working there, and I'm very fortunate to have survived them, especially considering the industry I work in. I need to remember this when I'm actually AT work. ;)
6. Knitting. It keeps me sane. It probably makes me a little boring, if you're not a knitter friend of mine, but it keeps me sane. I can get through anything if I have a couple sticks & some string.
7. My Kindle. It seems a little silly to be thankful for an electronic device, but I have rediscovered my love of reading since getting it about a year ago. I haven't read this much since high school.
8. Ravelry. It's a place for me to hang out with like-minded people online, and also to keep track of projects and my yarn and patterns and everything. EVERYTHING. I guess this sort of falls under "friends" or "Internet", but I really love Ravelry.
9. PIE! Sure, it's Turkey Day today, but I'm most looking forward to the pumpkin pie!! :)
10. YOU! For reading this. Can you believe I've stuck with NaBloPoMo posting this month??
11. Four day weekends. ;)
I'm sure there are more, but it's past midnight, and I'm exhausted. OH! I'm also thankful for comfy beds. Sleep rocks. ;)
If you're in the US, I hope you have a great Thanksgiving holiday. If you are not in the US, I hope you take a few moments to reflect on those things that you are thankful for, too, and I hope you have a lovely Thursday. :D